Privacy at Rise
Last update: February 22, 2023 (Renewed all sections)
Our promise: your data is yours, we only use it to give you the best Rise experience and we don’t sell it to third parties in any way.
Who is Rise Calendar?
Rise Calendar (“Rise”, “we”, or “us” from here on out), is a calendar application that helps to increase focus time. We are a completely remote team across Europe and you can reach us anytime at [email protected]. Rise calendar is built by Rise Technologies B.V., a company registered in the Netherlands with the Chamber of Commerce number 84385227.
What we collect when you use Rise
- On sign up you provide us with an email address
- Optionally you can provide us with your firstname and set up a password. This password is stored encrypted (BCrypt).
- If you connect your Google Account, we store calendars and events (including information on who is attending those events).
- If you choose to grant Rise access to your Google account resources (e.g. meeting rooms), we store this information.
- If you choose to great Rise access to your Google account contacts, we store this information.
- You can set your timezone (by default it’s set to Europe/Amsterdam)
Purpose and legal basis of data collection
The goal of all data collection in Rise is solely used to provide you with the best experience possible.
- We use your email address to send you emails about your account, such as password resets, and to send you emails about Rise.
- We use your firstname to personalize your experience in Rise.
- We use your calendar event data to show you your calendar events in Rise.
- We use your timezone to show you the correct time in Rise.
- We use your Google account resources to show you your meeting rooms in Rise.
- We use your Google account contacts to show you your contacts in Rise.
Legal rights for individuals
At any time:
- You have the right to request a copy of your Rise data.
- You have the right to request that your Rise data is deleted.
Right to lodge a complaint
If you have any concerns about how we handle your data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens).
Rise uses the following external services:
- Google Cloud. Rise is hosted at Google Cloud. We’re using servers located in the EU.
- Sentry. We’re using Sentry to log errors.
- Amplitude. We’re using Amplitude to gather usage activity that helps us improve Rise.
- Hotjar. We’re using Hotjar to record usage of the Meet feature, to help us improve the experience.
- New Relic. We’re using New Relic to monitor the performance of Rise.
- We’re not using tracking cookies. Only when you log in, a cookie is placed that’s used to keep you logged in.
Optionally you can connect your Zoom account to make it easy to create and manage your Zoom calls.
- We store your Zoom access token and refresh token and generated links
- We do not collect any other data from Zoom.
- We only share Zoom links with Google as part of the events where they are used for.
- The Zoom integration is solely used for business purposes.
- We store the collected information for as long as you have a Rise account, as this data is needed to provide you with the service.
- When you delete your Rise account, all your data, calendars and events are completely wiped.
- We do not sell any of the collected data to third parties.
- We don’t knowingly collect data from children under 16. If you’re under 16, please don’t use Rise. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 16, we’ll take steps to remove these accounts.